Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
The Account Executive is an outside business development role, targeting small, medium and large businesses. The AE is responsible for developing and expanding the Centrilogic customer base through the process of prospecting, identifying, qualifying and offering Colocation, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services to prospective customers and partners. As an outside sales role, the AE is expected to meet face-to-face with key decision makers in the organization (C level), understand the customer’s challenges, present solutions and close new business. It is imperative that the AE is self-sufficient – a self-starter able to work independently demonstrating resourcefulness and ingenuity in their approach to selling. The AE is also expected to:
- Take an active role in identifying and developing business development ideas based on customer and partner requirements,
- Develop strong long-term strategic relationships with customers and prospective clients, and
- Generate sales plans to support the achievement of annual sales goals and quotas.
Reporting to the Head of Global Sales, this position is based out of our Buffalo, New York office.
Required Experience and Skills
- A fundamental understanding of the Hosting industry, and the ability to present hosting and managed service solutions at the CIO and CEO level.
- A minimum of 7+ years IT solution sales experience and a network of contacts in the industry.
- A solid track record of data center, hosting, managed IT services and solution selling.
- A demonstrated ability to successfully meet and exceed monthly targets by generating new business.
- A history of excellence in sales with both short (2-4 month) and long (8-12 month) sales cycles.
- Customer Service driven attitude.
- Knowledge of relevant technologies and experience negotiating contract terms.
- Strong organizational skills and superior communication (verbal/written) skills.
- Ability to create innovative solutions to meet Enterprise customers and business needs.
- Understanding of partner sales and the ability to build an effective partner channel to market.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision/direction.
- Degree in Business Administration or related technical field.
- Knowledge of outsourced IT/ webhosting services, products and procedures.
- Advanced computer software skills: MS Office, PowerPoint.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, flexible working environment.