Location: Mississauga, ON
We are seeking a Development leader with a good balance of business acumen and development technical expertise to assist us in managing our development business from new business development, to supporting CentriLogic’s sales team, through to execution against customer requirements.
In this role, the Director – Development will have overall responsibility for the Development Team from a commercial, production and planning perspective. The Director will assist us in maturing our Software Development lifecycle, working with the development team to look for process efficiencies or changes to encourage high quality code to delight our customers. He or she will also act as a champion for development within CentriLogic liaising with peers as subject matter expert or client advocate as necessary to deliver the best service possible. In addition, the Director – Development will look for opportunities to productize key offering based on platforms or vertical markets.
The Director – Development should have recent and relevant architecture skills to support providing “how-to” strategic advice, architecture and design reviews as well as general development consulting among other things. The position will lead a team of 14 comprised of Project Managers, .NET and PHP Developers, as well as BA/QA resources, with responsibility for building and maintaining web applications supporting our customer’s business needs. Our typical customer engagements involve Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET; MS SQL) and LAMP (PHP; MySQL) development projects.
As a business unit, you will be responsible for the performance of the Development Team and ensuring the Development schedule is healthy. This will involve new business development, working with both partners and end user to win new development projects. In addition, you will be the product evangelist within the CentriLogic sales team; contributing to the Sales process as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), and assisting the sales team scoping, estimating and winning new development projects.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with a proven technical background and will have accountability to ensure the team is able to work effectively by removing impediments to their progress, providing guidance and support, and setting clear performance goals.
Reporting to the President & CEO, this position is based in our Mississauga office.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years as manager of a development business team
- 5+ years as a Development Architect or Senior .NET Developer
- 3+ years working knowledge with SQL Server
- Expertise with .NET framework, ASP.NET and C#
- Superior communications (written and verbal) and an ability and design to maintain relationships with key customers while running the business
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
- Firm understanding and demonstrated practice of agile development methodology
- The ability to move between high level design review and “roll up the sleeves” type of assistance across all phases of an application development project
- Consistently practices strong organizational, communication, project management, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Experience running a division within a larger company, preferably with P&L responsibility
- Experience in business development and sales support
- MS Visual Studio 2008+
- Visual Studio Team Systems (MSF/Process; Test/Build)
- Software Development Lifecycle Management (SDLM)
- PMP Designation or equivalent experience
- Experience encouraging SDLC move from traditional to agile
- Strong understanding of Client/Server application architectures
- Experience with
- Distributed application architecture (AJAX , Silverlight, Expression tools)
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) etc
- SharePoint/MOSS/Office Server/Office platform
- SQL Server/RDBMS and related technologies like BI & Reporting Services
Please email your cover letter, salary expectations and résumé to Human Resources with subject line: “Director, Development”
(No phone calls, faxes, direct mail or agencies please).
We thank all applicants, and will contact only those applicants with qualifications matching our requirements.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
CentriLogic is an equal opportunity employer and employs fair hiring practices when filling positions. CentriLogic hires only the most qualified individuals, based on their knowledge, skills, abilities and other competencies, in order to meet the company’s business needs and the expectations of the role. CentriLogic has adopted this policy to ensure that all employees and potential candidates are considered for employment opportunities through a consistent, fair and barrier-free approach.