Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
The Junior Data Center Technician is responsible for working under the direction of a Data Center Manager, assisting in the monitoring, response and communications of the building management systems while responding to alarms as required. Provides daily (24 / 7 / 365) support via phone and e-mail on a variety of issues and performs audits and rounds on a variety of equipment and systems. Position is also responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the physical security systems and general appearance of the facility along with providing escorted access to vendors and carriers. Further, responsible for all shipping/ receiving and task based support. Reporting to the Data Center Manager, this position is based in Mississauga, ON.
As a member of the team monitoring and maintaining the equipment in our data centers, the Data Center Technician is responsible for:
Job Duties Include but not limited to:
- Operational understanding of all aspects of Shipping and Receiving.
- Vendor Tracking
- Carrier and Broker
- Able to support multiple requests from multiple sources
- Maintains a professional attitude and conduct while in the performance of the data center duties.
- Provides professional, responsive, and courteous customer support.
- Maintains the data center in a well-organized, clean, and professional manner.
- Conducts scheduled physical inspections of the building’s infrastructure and equipment:
- HVAC setpoints
- UPS readings
- Fire system
- Assists in the installation of co-location and hosting cabinets according to DCM specifications.
- Provides local access and escort for vendors and carriers
- Provides and tracks carrier access for circuit installations
- Maintains detailed documentation of facility status using the daily log, trouble tickets, physical inspection checklist, and other documentation as required.
- Working to provide physical security services for the datacenter including:
- Enforcement of initial check in check out process
- Manning of data center facility access
- Footage review.
- Performs installation and management of fiber and copper structured cabling as directed by the Data Center Manager.
- Works with local management to maintain cabling and general usage item inventory levels
- Performs remote hands work for internal and external customers based on requirements
- Identifies and escalates internal and external issues to the appropriate teams/individuals.
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Good documentation skills required.
- Must be computer proficient using Microsoft Office software, and other software products in use at Centrilogic.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to comprehend both verbal and written instructions, short correspondence, memos, and the ability to communicate professionally with representatives of Centrilogic, the customers, maintenance personnel, and vendors supporting the CentriLogic’s facilities.
- Ability to analyze and identify issues negatively impacting facility operations.
- Desire to grow and learn new technologies
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good decision making abilities a must
- Flexibility to support 24 / 7 operations
Background & Experience:
- Experience in a Data Center environment. (Preferable)
- Experience working with various vendors to mitigate issues on a day to day basis.
- Experience working with vendors.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Moderate to heavy keyboard usage
- Bending, twisting, reaching
- Ability to use the following equipment: ladder, floor tile puller, cable testing equipment, cable snips, basic hand tools, hand truck, pallet jack
- Safety hazards present in the workplace: chemical, electrical, ergonomics, noise, temperature extremes, trip/fall
CentriLogic is a global provider of managed IT solutions. With a comprehensive portfolio of IT infrastructure, private connectivity, and application services, CentriLogic works with clients to develop adaptable and dependable IT solutions that enable them to achieve positive business outcomes. The company’s dedication to a client-centric philosophy has earned it the trust of some of the world’s most innovative companies and visionaries. With regional headquarters in Canada, USA, and the United Kingdom, CentriLogic delivers solutions to clients throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.