Location: Toronto, ON
The Network Engineer (NE) is part of the technology-based international Operations team that works to support CentriLogic’s customers and internal users. The goal of the Operations team is to ensure services are available on a 24×7 basis with minimal interruptions which may be caused by physical or virtual threats, such as power failure, hardware and/or connectivity failure, security vulnerability, virus attacks, and so on. Supporting customers is the first and foremost priority of the role of the NE. The NE troubleshoots and closes off escalated trouble tickets relevant to networking issues within the timeframe required by CentriLogic’s Service Level Agreement (SLA). The NE assumes overall accountability for customer technical issues through maintaining communications internally as well as with our clients.
Involved in all aspects of customer solution design, deployment, support, and Network security and troubleshooting, the NE provides support for both client and internal networks and network infrastructure. This involves performing ‘hands on’ network troubleshooting and maintenance, responding to client and internal requests (e.g. applying firewall rules and implementation of configuration changes), deploying customer solutions, applying hot fixes, ensuring the integrity of the overall network and all networking devices (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers etc), and create documentation, diagrams, policy and procedures pertaining to the network customizing network set up for different system environments.
In addition, the NE will provide 24×7 technical support coverage during a rotation on-call schedule, assist with the planning and implementation of network infrastructure and policy’s, perform special projects and other duties as required. This role is the Network and Firewall administrator for the CentriLogic managed hosting environment.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, Network Engineering and can be based in one of our GTA, Ontario offices.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree and/or IT Diploma from a recognized technical institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical support role for medium to large scale networks, preferably in a data center environment.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and routing/switching protocols.
- Experience working with security products such as firewalls, IDS devices and VPN’s
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and fault isolation abilities including sniffing network data traffic using protocol analyzers
- Validate network capacity, performance, and uptime to management
- In depth understanding and knowledge of LAN and WAN architectures.
- Expert level, demonstrated experience in BGP routing protocol is preferred
- Experience with Network design, implementation, and management.
- In depth, hands on exposure to switches, routers, firewalls and load balancers in a production environment. Specifically, working knowledge and experience with Cisco technologies such as 6500 Catalyst switches; 2600,3600 and 7200 series routers, Layer 2/Layer 3 switches and Cisco ASA series of firewall appliances
- Strong written/verbal English communication skills
- Must be willing to be on-call including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Familiarity with ITSM/ITIL processes and methodologies is considered an asset
- Proven ability to manage change and changing priorities
- Certifications are an asset – CCIE, CCNP-R&S, CCDP, CCNP-Security, ITIL, etc.
Please email your cover letter, salary expectations and résumé to Human Resources with subject line: “Network Engineer”
(No phone calls, faxes, direct mail or agencies please).
We thank all applicants, and will contact only those applicants with qualifications matching our requirements.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
CentriLogic is an equal opportunity employer and employs fair hiring practices when filling positions. CentriLogic hires only the most qualified individuals, based on their knowledge, skills, abilities and other competencies, in order to meet the company’s business needs and the expectations of the role. CentriLogic has adopted this policy to ensure that all employees and potential candidates are considered for employment opportunities through a consistent, fair and barrier-free approach.