Location: Mississauga & Toronto (GTA)
Department: Service Assurance
The Senior Network & Systems Analyst provides 24/7/365 technical support as first-line support for clients and is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to client’s productivity issues relating to critical IT-serviced computer operations.
The Senior Network & Systems Analyst will respond to, prioritize, assign and escalate service tickets. This will be accomplished through problem diagnoses, guiding clients through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language and is also responsible for documenting all problems/solutions and following up with clients regarding any pending issues.
Experience in the hosting industry, in data center operations, and possession of current certifications are important to be successful within the Customer Support team.
Reporting to the Director, Service Assurance. This position is based at our Mississauga Tranmere and 55 York Street location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides front -line support to inbound requests or issues reported via phone, email and customer portal
- Delivering fast and efficient service assisting multiple clients with their hardware and software related issues
- Demonstrate a high degree of technical skills to troubleshoot and resolve at first point of contact in a friendly and helpful manner
- Troubleshooting customers’ networks, equipment, software and services over the phone and with remote control technologies
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring/escalating more complex problems to Level 2/ Level 3
- Document all information clearly, concisely and effectively in accordance with department guidelines and patterns of practice
- Respond to and handle all incoming infrastructure alerts in accordance to the service level agreement
- Adhere to compliance routines in carrying out transactions specific to SOP
- Perform managed server support related tasks such as server event logs analysis, anti-virus patching, compliance and monitoring, maintain server patches and handle all technical and service related issues.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation
- Configure network and Data Centre equipment for CentriLogic’s customers to fulfill their technical requirements
- Participate in Network Monitoring pager rotation, 7×24 on-call for scheduled periods.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A degree or diploma in computer science or related field is desired
- Cisco CCNA certification or above where applicable
- Operational experience with Cisco firewall products such as ASA and Palo Alto is desired
- Strong understanding of technology related to private networks, associated support systems, network technologies and Data Centre Products and Services
- Experience working with Windows, Linux, UNIX and Virtualization
- Capable of troubleshooting and configuring DNS, Email, Citrix etc.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic tools and alarm monitoring systems
- Working experience with IPV4 and IPV6 Networking, Subnetting, ACL/NAT, IPsec and VPN
- Clear concept of LAN switching technologies and VLAN Pathing
- Understanding of routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and VRRP
- Network troubleshooting experience
- Working knowledge and ability to configure Cisco routers and switches
- Self-driven – Willingness to learn and research for solutions independently.
- Previous experience in corporate support environment desirable
- Previous experience in a DC environment or where customer service is critical
- System- related professional certifications desired
- Mobile hardware knowledge from various vendors such as Apple, Blackberry, LG, Samsung, etc. and software experience such as device deployment methods mobile device configurations.
Please email your cover letter, salary expectations and résumé to Human Resources with subject line: “Senior Network and Systems Analyst”
(No phone calls, faxes, direct mail or agencies please).
We thank all applicants, and will contact only those applicants with qualifications matching our requirements.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
CentriLogic is an equal opportunity employer and employs fair hiring practices when filling positions. CentriLogic hires only the most qualified individuals, based on their knowledge, skills, abilities and other competencies, in order to meet the company’s business needs and the expectations of the role. CentriLogic has adopted this policy to ensure that all employees and potential candidates are considered for employment opportunities through a consistent, fair and barrier-free approach.