Location: Toronto, ON
Working within the UNIX team and part of Operations, the UNIX Systems Administrator addresses escalated customer (internal and external) support requests. Additionally, he or she completes projects in environment planning and implementation for servers, networking, Internet and security services to support co-location and managed services customers. Work includes participation in a team on-call rotation for 24×7 support. The technical team is an immediate point of escalation for the Operations Center Technicians and it provides mentoring for the Operations Center. This role operates as the Windows administrator for MPCI environment as well as the Log and Time administrator to the MPCI environment.
Reporting to the Platforms Manager, this position is based in either Mississauga, Ontario or downtown Toronto, ON.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing up to and including 3rd level ticket support to resolve problems on internal and customer systems, including on-call support
- Communicating with the technical team and customers, in a timely and effective manner
- Participating in change management procedures
- Installing servers and configure hardware, applications, services and storage in accordance with best practices and project/operational requirements
- Installing new software releases, evaluate and install patches
- Creating and maintain installation and configuration procedures, Operations Manual and online customer information
- Completing additional projects as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- IT Diploma from recognized technical institution or equivalent work experience
- Strong networking and internet technology knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, firewall and load balancing concepts)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with AIX & IBM p-series, Redhat Linux & Intel
- Knowledge and experience with HMC, VIO, LPAR, VMWare ESX
- Storage administration experience, SAN / NAS technology
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Confidence in own abilities and a willingness to make decisions and escalate when necessary
- Effective oral/written communication and time management skills
- Ability and drive to learn and apply new technologies rapidly
- Strong experience in the hosting industry and data center operations
- Additional certifications an asset: IBM Power Systems with AIX, RHCE, RHCT
Please email your cover letter, salary expectations and résumé to Human Resources with subject line: “UNIX Systems Administrator”
(No phone calls, faxes, direct mail or agencies please).
We thank all applicants, and will contact only those applicants with qualifications matching our requirements.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
CentriLogic is an equal opportunity employer and employs fair hiring practices when filling positions. CentriLogic hires only the most qualified individuals, based on their knowledge, skills, abilities and other competencies, in order to meet the company’s business needs and the expectations of the role. CentriLogic has adopted this policy to ensure that all employees and potential candidates are considered for employment opportunities through a consistent, fair and barrier-free approach.