Location: Mississauaga, ON
The Senior Financial Planning Analyst is responsible for producing critical financial reports, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and financial prospectuses. Reporting to the CFO, he or she must also prepare reports that predict the financial performance of the company over time and management of the entire budget planning and execution program.
In addition to strong financial reporting skills, superior communication skills are necessary to submit and often explain complex financial concepts to executives and people without a financial background.
Reporting to the CFO, this position is based in our Mississauga office.
Job Duties Include but not limited to:
- Build and maintain the annual budget model including full pro forma financial statements. Through discussions with leadership and others throughout the organization, develop the annual plan for all practices considering the various revenue streams and related gross profit and company cost structure.
- Build and maintain the monthly forecast model including full pro forma financial statements. Through discussions with leadership and utilization of sales, operations, and accounting reports, update the monthly forecast.
- Manage Gross Profit Assurance function ensuring that profitability matches contract and desired returns. Ensure forecasts are updated accordingly.
- Management of the company’s capital management function, including equipment leases and purchase decisions
- Prepare financial modeling of product/customer profitability and compare to market trends, etc. to help determine appropriate pricing or decision support
- Define and report meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decisions
- Develop financial models and analysis in support of strategic initiatives
- Provide decision support financial analyses (e.g. capital investments, pricing impacts, contract negotiations, etc.)
- Other special projects as assigned
- MBA with degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a mid-market company or division of a large corporation
- Strong understanding of how income statements, balance sheets, and statement of cash flows work. Understanding of recurring revenue streams and balance sheet impacts desired
- Heavy assumption driven financial statement modeling using MS Excel. Use of complex techniques including H/V-Lookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong data mining skills required.
- Product level support/modeling experience desired
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
- International/multi-currency experience preferred
- Industry experience working in technology, software (perpetual licenses, support/maintenance, Software as a Service (SAAS), highly desired
- Knowledge of managed hosting, cloud, applications, development is desirable
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent time and project management skills.
- Experience working with private equity desired
- Motivated, detail oriented, loves a good puzzle, passionate, customer focused
- Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions, complex financing transactions is a plus
- Experience with Canadian and U.S. accounting principles also a plus
- Certification as a public accountant, financial manager or management accountant desirable but not essential
CentriLogic is a global provider of managed IT solutions. With a comprehensive portfolio of IT infrastructure, private connectivity, and application services, CentriLogic works with clients to develop adaptable and dependable IT solutions that enable them to achieve positive business outcomes. The company’s dedication to a client-centric philosophy has earned it the trust of some of the world’s most innovative companies and visionaries. With regional headquarters in Canada, USA, and the United Kingdom, CentriLogic delivers solutions to clients throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.